Foot-and-mouth disease awareness training
Biosecurity Queensland has developed 2 online training courses to increase Queensland's FMD preparedness:
- FMD awareness for the livestock industry and wider community (see information below)
- FMD training for veterinarians and veterinary paraprofessionals.
FMD awareness training
If you work in, or with, the livestock industry, this FMD awareness training will help you to:
- understand the risks of FMD to our livestock industries
- learn practical information about how to help prevent an outbreak
- recognise FMD signs in susceptible livestock and the importance of early reporting
- understand what would happen if an FMD incident occurred in the future.
The training will take 30-60 minutes to complete. You can do it in short, easy stages, and log in and out without losing your progress. Once you have completed the course, you'll be able to print a certificate of completion.
Accessing the online course
The FMD awareness training works best when you open it in Google Chrome (preferred option) or Mozilla Firefox. Some functionality is lost if you use Internet Explorer.
The course is hosted on the Animal Health Australia (AHA) Biosecurity Online Training (BOLT) portal.
To register as a learner (you only need to do this once), complete the following steps:
- Access the AHA Learning System.
- Click on the 'Register' link in the log-in panel, and fill in your details.
- Click on the 'Sign Up' link at the bottom.
- An email will be sent to you with a link. Click on the link in the email – this will take you to a page where you can enter your own password.
- You'll be taken to the Learning homepage.
- Click on your name to edit your details and attach a profile photo if you like.
- You have now registered in the AHA BOLT portal.
Once you have registered, you can enrol in a range of courses, including the FMD Awareness course:
- Log in to the AHA Learning System.
- Click on 'Browse Learning'.
- Scroll down to find the FMD course titled FMD Awareness – Protecting your livelihood and community, and click on it.
- This will open the front page of the course.
- Click on the 'Enrol' button at the top right of the page.
- Once enrolled, click on the 'Launch' button at the bottom right of the page.
- This will open the course. Click 'Start' to start the course.
If you experience issues accessing the course, please contact the Customer Service Centre.
- Access FMD training for veterinarians and veterinary paraprofessionals.
- Find out more about feeding swill to pigs.
- Read more information for livestock owners.
- Visit our playlist of community education FMD videos.