Information for banana farm workers and contractors about Panama TR4
Banana farms in Far North Queensland have changed the way they operate due to Panama TR4. Many growers have implemented strict biosecurity entry and exit procedures to protect their farms and the industry from this serious disease.
If you visit a banana farm for work—like fixing a tractor, taking a soil sample, or some routine maintenance, you must follow the farmer's biosecurity measures to prevent the spread of Panama TR4.
Visit the Panama TR4 website to find out more about working on banana farms in Far North Queensland.
Use the resources below to help you prepare for your next farm visit.
Guidance if you've got a job to do on a banana farm
If you are a farm worker or contractor, download Got a job to do on a banana farm? to help you better understand Panama disease and how to stop its spread. The guide includes a step-by-step guide for cleaning vehicles and equipment to prevent the spread of Panama TR4.
Use these information posters to remind you how to prevent the spread of Panama TR4.
- A speck of dirt could hurt—Shed poster with bottle image
- Are you carrying Panama disease?—Shed poster with shoes
- Are you carrying Panama disease?—Shed poster with shorts
Understanding the current situation of Panama TR4
- Identify the symptoms and characteristics of Panama TR4.
- Read Panama TR4 News.
- Find out about research and development projects for Panama TR4.
- Find out what the Queensland Government is doing about Panama TR4.
- Learn what being Panama TR4 Ready means to growers and the industry.
Panama education sessions
We offer free Panama TR4 education sessions at workplaces or at the Panama TR4 Program office in Moresby. We tailor sessions to suit participants, including information on:
- Panama disease
- your general biosecurity obligation
- decontamination processes when working on banana farms.
Contact us on 07 4091 8140 or email email@example.com to book or find out more.
- Download the Panama disease tropical race 4 Grower Kit.
- Read our guide on restrictions on moving plant material, soil and related equipment.
- Visit the better bananas website for banana research and development.
- Access information for the community on Panama TR4.