Starting a piggery business
Commercial piggeries are capital and labour intensive businesses.
Before you start a piggery, consider:
- what facilities you’ll need
- how much money you’ll need to keep the business going until you achieve an income
- what environmental issues and laws apply
- what licences and permits are required
- what pig husbandry skills you’ll need.
You should research the different systems of pig production:
- indoor intensive
- free range
- outdoor bred.
Considering all these factors carefully at the planning stage will increase your chances of success in running a piggery.