Improving pig herds through genetics
Understanding how to improve the genetics of pigs in your herd can increase the profitability of your piggery:
- use genetics to improve your pig herd
- which traits to use in selection
- issues around inbreeding
- techniques available to help you select the best replacement breeder pigs.
Learning how to measure herd performance and replace breeding stock will help you to maximize weight gains while maintaining quality.
- Last reviewed: 22 Nov 2022
- Last updated: 22 Nov 2022