Dairy farming in Queensland
Queensland's dairy industry produced 299 million litres of milk in 2021–22.
Queensland has about 150,000 milking cows, with farms spanning from the Far North to south-east Queensland and the Darling Downs.
The Northern Australian Dairy Hub is an extension service for dairy farmers and those who work within the northern dairy industry, providing research and technical resources.
Advice for farmers
- nutritional value of feeds
- summer nutrition
- nutrition in early lactation
- tools and calculators for feed intake
- healthy rumen function and development
- milk fat depression
- nutritional management of the herd.
Industry associations and networks
- Australian Dairy Farmers
- Australian Dairy Industry Council
- Dairy Australia
- Subtropical Dairy
- Young Dairy Network Australia
- Last reviewed: 22 Nov 2022
- Last updated: 29 Nov 2022