About agricultural processing and manufacturing
Primary industry commodities make up a wide range of agribusiness, and food products and services, through manufacturing and processing. The value of this industry to Queensland was $4.1 billion in 2017–18.
Queensland manufactures food items including:
- fruit and vegetables
- seafood and meat
- value-added foods, such as dairy foods and ready-made meals.
We provide information and links below about:
- the development and manufacture of agribusiness and food
- food-processing pathways and tools
- labelling and food standards.
You can also read about legal requirements and regulations, such as for food safety.
Manufacturing of food, beverages and agricultural products
Read about the manufacturing industry in Queensland, including food, beverage and agricultural products. Our information on:
- contract manufacturing will help you remain competitive during start-up or growth periods
- testing and developing food products will assist you to develop prototypes and test the market
- food and beverage manufacturing covers food safety and eco-efficient food manufacturing.
The manufacturing industry fact sheet also provides an overview of legal, operational and business issues.
Contact industry organisations and networks for further information specific to your industry or area of interest.
Food standards for Australia and New Zealand
Learn about the food safety standards, labelling and food safety risk assessments that apply to your food business.
Far North Queensland (FNQ) Food Incubator
Connect with the FNQ Food Incubator to assist you with starting or expanding your new food business venture in FNQ. The Incubator can provide:
- advice from skilled business entrepreneurs
- access to production and packaging facilities
- opportunities to network with other food entrepreneurs in your community.
Biofutures opportunities for Queensland
Read about biofutures for opportunities to develop and manufacture products from sustainable organic or waste resources through technology and innovation. Bioproducts offer a renewable and environmentally beneficial alternative to conventional chemical and fossil fuel refining.
Potential bioproducts include:
- Last reviewed: 27 Nov 2019
- Last updated: 15 May 2020
I want to...
Complete our quick questionnaire to help us provide referrals tailored to your needs.
General enquiries 13 25 23