Registering a power of attorney

In order for an attorney to act on behalf of the principal in a transaction of land in Queensland, there must be a power of attorney authorising the attorney to do so and this must be registered in the Titles Registry.

A general or enduring power of attorney that does not authorise the attorney to deal with financial matters cannot be recorded in the Power of Attorney Register. For example, an appointment of an attorney for personal or health matters cannot be recorded unless it also contains an appointment over financial matters.

This guide explains what you must do to register a power of attorney for an individual.

For additional information about Titles Registry forms, see the land title practice manual.

Note: Titles Registry forms are legally binding and must be completed carefully. The Titles Registry can provide general information about forms and requirements. If you require personal advice - that is, advice taking your circumstances into consideration, or the options available to you - then it is recommended that you speak to a lawyer.


Titles enquiries 1300 255 750