Topographic maps show information about the shape of the land: both natural features and purpose-built structures. They can be used to obtain precise measurements (within map scale limits) of distance, direction, area and quantity. Depending on the map scale, some features are symbolised to provide additional information.
QTopo: online topographic maps
QTopo lets you explore Queensland's topography virtually. You can also request specific areas as printable PDFs.
- QTopo is accessed through your browser.
- Select the link relevant for your device:
- To access QTopo quickly on your tablet or mobile device, you can add an icon to your home screen. Simply choose 'Add to home screen' from the share button on an Apple device, or 'Add shortcut to home' from the menu on Android.
Printing and downloading your map (for PC or laptop only)
You can print a map at A4, A3 or A1 paper size.
- From the 'Click Here To…' drop down menu on the top left of the map window, select 'Generate a printable map.'
- After completing the instructions, you will receive an email with a download link for you to save the file to your computer.
Interactive topographic map index
View the map coverage on the interactive topographic map index.
For information on other topographic maps, and ordering printed maps please contact us.
- Last reviewed
- March 19, 2015