Not-for-profits and associations
You may want to operate your organisation for the benefit of a group or community, as a charity or as a not-for-profit.
If so, there are legal structures that suit these types of organisations. Each structure has different legal obligations, liabilities, advantages and disadvantages.
To help you decide which structure is best for you, learn more on the Office of Fair Trading website:
- Incorporated associations
Starting, running and winding up an incorporated association.
Registering, operating and winding up a cooperative.
Registering, running and winding up a fundraising organisation.
You can also find out about trusts.
- Last reviewed: 19 Jul 2017
- Last updated: 20 Jul 2017
I want to...
- The impact of Indigenous Procurement - Panel discussion 14/07/2020
- Payroll tax annual return 2020 15/07/2020