Legal and ethical selling
Businesses that demonstrate legal and ethical conduct build a strong reputation and earn long-term customer loyalty. Legal and ethical conduct also protects your business from legal risks.
The consequences of unfair or illegal trading can ruin a business. The Australian Competitor and Consumer Commission (ACCC) can fine, penalise or even close businesses that breach the fair trading and selling terms set out in the Australian Consumer Law.
Selling ethically allows you to:
- build a reputation for fair and professional conduct
- foster repeat business and higher sales over time
- develop a loyal, lasting customer base
- earn the respect of peers, competitors and customers
- minimise complaints about your business
- remove legal and consumer-rights risks
- develop peace of mind.
This guide explains some of your business's legal and ethical sales obligations and helps you maximise the benefits of ethical selling practices.
I want to...
- Lean for Everyone workshop: Mount Isa 24/04/2017
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 26/04/2017