Legal and ethical selling
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Business information, advice and assistance
- Read the Office of Fair Trading's information, advice and assistance for business owners, operators and licensees relating to issues that may arise during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- View the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's (ACCC) latest information on the rights and obligations of businesses in response to events caused by COVID-19.
Businesses that demonstrate legal and ethical conduct build a strong reputation and earn long-term customer loyalty. Legal and ethical conduct also protects your business from legal risks.
The consequences of unfair or illegal trading can ruin a business. The Australian Competitor and Consumer Commission (ACCC) can fine, penalise or even close businesses that breach the fair trading and selling terms set out in the Australian Consumer Law.
Selling ethically allows you to:
- build a reputation for fair and professional conduct
- foster repeat business and higher sales over time
- develop a loyal, lasting customer base
- earn the respect of peers, competitors and customers
- minimise complaints about your business
- remove legal and consumer-rights risks
- develop peace of mind.
This guide explains some of your business's legal and ethical sales obligations and helps you maximise the benefits of ethical selling practices.
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020