COVID-19 alert: Read about eased restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 1am, Friday 22 January.
Internet banking for business is growing in popularity, as it is:
- convenient – you can access your accounts, check balances and make payments at any time of day or night
- secure – banks use sophisticated security systems to protect funds
- efficient – you can see all your transactions and balances in real time
- time-saving – you can set up direct debits and automatic payments for regular bills, giving your staff more time for other tasks. Automated payments also reduce errors.
Internet banking also helps you meet the needs of customers who may want to pay your invoices online.
Your financial adviser or accountant can help you establish what products and services you need for internet banking. Once you have a list of your needs, ask your bank to help you set up an internet banking system.
It is often best to start with a simple system. You can progress to more sophisticated applications as your experience and business grows.
Learn more about the benefits of doing business online.
- Last reviewed: 18 Jul 2017
- Last updated: 29 Jun 2016