Regional Networker Grant Program
27 March 2023: The Regional Networker Grant Program is now closed. View the funded events.
|Program key details|
|Eligible business size||n/a|
Eligible small business associations or groups, chambers of commerce and industry, local councils and industry associations are being invited to apply for funding
|Opening date||9am, Friday 3 March 2023|
|Closing date||11.59pm, Monday 13 March 2023|
About the program
The Regional Networker Grant Program is part of Queensland Small Business Month 2023 (QSBM2023) and aims to ensure more Queensland small businesses have access to support and information relevant to their local industry, community and region.
The program provides funding to eligible regional chambers of commerce and industry, small business and industry associations and local councils to run events and activations as a part of QSBM2023.
This funding is specifically focused on regional and remote areas of Queensland with the purpose of generating stronger networks for small businesses across regional Queensland.
Applications will be competitively assessed based on the impact that the funded activity will have on the relevant local small business community.
Applicants can only apply for funding for events or activities held in May as part of QSBM2023.
Upfront funding of up to $2,000 (excluding GST) is available for eligible organisations. Successful applicants do not have to co-contribute to this grant, but successful applicants must pay for any related expenses more than the approved funding amount.
The applicant must be based in Queensland and located in a regional area.
If the applicant is not based in a regional area, the applicant must show evidence that the event:
- is being held in an eligible area
- will benefit the local small business community.
Applications will not be accepted where the project delivery area is in the following local government areas:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast.
The applicant must be 1 of the following:
- small business association or group
- chamber of commerce
- industry association
- regional council.
The organisation must meet the following criteria:
- event must be held in May 2023 as part of QSBM2023
- event must be advertised through the Business Queensland Events calendar
- event must have a local impact (networking, creation of partnerships)
- applicant must hold a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- applicant must be authorised to apply (on behalf of the organisation)
- organisation must be able to pay the approved services in full before the receipt of grant funds
- applicant (or any other owner and/or director) must not be an undischarged bankrupt
- applicant must complete a QSBM survey within a week of the funded event.
Applications for this grant have now closed.
This grant program is competitively assessed. Not all applications will be funded.
Read the Regional Networker Grant Program guide (PDF, 356KB) for full details of the application process.
How to apply
- Read the key documents:
- Check your eligibility in the Regional Networker Grant Program guide (PDF, 356KB)
- Complete the application form and submit by the closing date.
- Regional Networker Grant Program guide (PDF, 356KB)
- Regional Networker Grant Program frequently asked questions (PDF, 761KB)
Find out what other events and activities are happening during QSBM2023.
You can also subscribe to the Business Queensland Connect newsletter to keep up to date with the latest information for Queensland small businesses.
For more information on the Regional Networker Grant Program, email email@example.com or phone the Small Business Hotline on 1300 654 687.
- Last reviewed: 17 Mar 2023
- Last updated: 28 Mar 2023