Using the Queensland Globe
The Queensland Globe is an online interactive tool that turns physical, geographical and spatial data about a particular location into map format.
Use the Globe to access hundreds of spatial data layers on Queensland roads, property and land parcels, topography, mining and exploration, land valuations, natural resources (vegetation, water, soil etc.) and more.
The Queensland Globe has been upgraded. We have kept the best features of the original Globe and added new capabilities to make it even more accessible.
- Access to real-time spatial data – anywhere, anytime – through your computer, tablet or smartphone web browser.
- New measuring tools and the ability to save, share and download maps and searches.
- Pinpoint your location and access data when in the field.
- Browse information about single parcels of land, including a property's official annual valuation, closest public transport routes and more.
- Explore pre-set topics of interest for faster search results.
- Create multiple places of interest to explore a range of locations or different data layers.
- Add your own data, or share what you have discovered with others.
- Login to save your work for ongoing use.
Using the Globe
To explore map layers within the Globe, you can:
- search by area of interest
- view groups of layers by topic
- show or hide individual layers.
Toggle the map legend to see what features are visible on your map. You can also view metadata about layers for more information and change the layer settings to customise your map view. In some layers you can query data attributes to create an advanced search view of the layer.
Tips to improve speed
- Check your browser and version: use recent versions of Google Chrome (to improve performance).
- Zoom in to your area of interest: zoom before adding layers (you will use less data).
- Limit your layers: turn off or remove unnecessary layers (you will use less data).
Note: Just like other web based programs, functionality may depend on your individual internet accessibility and speed.
You can be kept informed of updates and enhancements to the Queensland Globe by subscribing to Qld Globe Alerts.
For troubleshooting or specific questions about Queensland Globe, email the team at email@example.com.
- Last reviewed: 3 Feb 2020
- Last updated: 4 Feb 2020