Land valuations on the Queensland Globe
You can view annual statutory land valuation data through the Queensland Globe. It is designed to help you better understand your land valuation and local property market.
Note: The Queensland Globe displays land valuations for the 18 local government areas receiving annual land valuations in 2019, plus the current valuations for the remaining local government areas.
Due to changes that occur throughout the year, the information presented (for some properties) may not be current. Up to date valuation information can be purchased through our business centres.
Accessing land valuations information
- Open the Queensland Globe.
- Select the checkbox to accept the Terms and Conditions and Specific Data Conditions.
- Click on Get Started.
- Select the Topics button.
- Launch the Land Valuations Topic by clicking on the Launch button and then selecting Add to Globe.
- Zoom in or search to a particular location to view the relevant valuation and property ID number displayed on the map.
On the map the property ID will display in white text, the current valuation will be displayed in gold and the new valuation (when available) will display in green.
For more detailed information regarding the land valuation you can use the Identify tool:
- Select the spanner icon in the top right to open the tool bar.
- Select the Identify tool (far left of tool bar menu).
- Click the Select first item checkbox.
- Click on your preferred lot.
- This will display the Attributes panel for the location selected and display additional valuation information (you may need to toggle through the Attributes panel by clicking on the left and right arrows in the black bar near the top of the panel to get to the information you need).
Valuation for an easement, strata or volumetric parcel
Once you have added the Land Valuations Topic click on the Layers button. Then select the eye icon next to the relevant layer to turn them on and make them visible on the map.
For further information on accessing land valuations in the Queensland Globe visit the frequently asked questions on the Globe help page.
Data is provided for all rateable local government areas in Queensland. Data is not provided for individual units in community title schemes. These are not valued separately, instead a single valuation notice is issued to the body corporate.
Use the Identify tool to bring up the attributes panel. The information shown in the valuations attribute panel for a selected land parcel includes:
- property identification number (Property ID) - a unique number given to every property
- real property description - the legal description of the lands contained within the valuation
- total lots - number of lots included in the property valuation
- current valuation - valuation determined at the last valuation date (prior to this year's valuation).
Note: No offset or site deduction allowance have been deducted from the site valuation displayed. The site valuation displayed is the unadjusted valuation for comparison purposes.
- current valuation date - date at which last valuation was determined (prior to this year's valuation)
- new valuation - valuation determined at this year's valuation.
Note: No offset or site deduction allowances have been deducted from the site valuation displayed. The site valuation displayed is the unadjusted valuation for comparison purposes.
- new valuation date - date at which this year's valuation occurred
- area - the size (area of land) of the property being valued in hectares (ha) or square metres (m2)
- valuation rate - rate per hectare (ha) or square metres (m2)
- local government area
- valuation type (unimproved or site value).
Note: Property names are provided for location purposes only and the reliability of the information is not guaranteed by the Queensland Government. To update your property name, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find out more about statutory land valuations, including annual valuations, how to get your land valuation notice by email, the objection process, and contacts.
- Last reviewed: 06 Mar 2019
- Last updated: 06 Mar 2019