About the Queensland Spatial Information Council
The Queensland Spatial Information Council's primary role is to facilitate a community of forums for the Queensland spatial industry.
The main objective of these forums is to:
- assist in the governance and co-ordination of Queensland's spatial information
- encourage innovative thinking, idea sharing and strategic discussion
- create community awareness and understanding of spatial information
- promote spatial and surveying as viable career choices.
The Department of Resources coordinates spatial imagery acquisition projects for government and industry use. These projects are funded by a subscription plan which is managed by the department for the acquisition and distribution of imagery.
The Queensland Spatial Information Council (QSIC) provides support to the Spatial Imagery Working Group, which operates as a forum for spatial imagery users to discuss the use of spatial imagery in Queensland and provide input into spatial imagery policies, acquisition program and management strategies.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on spatial imagery acquisition.
Find out more about spatial knowledge initiatives and technologies within government and industry.
To get involved or receive newsletters, visit News and events.
The Department of Resources manages a series of spatial information standards and frameworks for use by the spatial information industry. QSIC contributes to these standards through input and advice from our working groups.
The Queensland Government collects, generates and uses data to deliver real benefits to the community and the economy. To ensure that all Queenslanders can benefit from and make use of government data, the government has released as much of it as possible, free for use. It provides the core of spatial information released under Queensland's open data policy.
The Queensland Spatial Catalogue – QSpatial provides public access to open spatial data.
Email email@example.com for more information.
QSIC partners and collaborates with relevant industry organisations including:
- A life without limits
- ANZLIC – the Spatial Information Council
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS)
- Frontier SI
- Geoscape Australia (PSMA Australia Limited)
- Geospatial Science
- Intergovernmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping (ICSM)
- Local Government Association of Queensland (LGAQ)
- Open Geospatial Consortium Australasia (OGC-A)
- Queensland Regional NRM Groups Collective
- Spatial Information Business Association and the Geospatial Information Technology Association (SIBA|GITA)
- Surveying & Spatial Sciences Institute (SSSI).
- Last reviewed: 29 Jan 2021
- Last updated: 3 May 2022