About the Queensland Globe
The Queensland Globe is an interactive online tool that can be opened in the Google Earth™ application. Queensland Globe allows you to view and explore Queensland spatial data and imagery (including up-to-date satellite images). You can also download a cadastral SmartMap.
The Queensland Globe is part of the Queensland Government's open data initiative.
Inside Queensland Globe you can access maps, view data and imagery of Queensland, including Queensland Government-owned data and data used under licence from other parties.
Some of the layers you can choose to view include:
- places (e.g. population centre, suburb)
- boundaries (e.g. coastline, local government, electorate, postcode)
- roads and rail (e.g. arterial and minor roads, railway lines and stations, busways, paths, tracks)
- land parcel (e.g. property boundary, property label)
- land parcel tenures (e.g. freehold, national park, state forest, state land)
- rivers and basins
Releases and updates
Releases and updates are regularly made to the Queensland Globe and other themed globes. Update schedules vary, ranging from weekly to annually.
Information on new features or new globes can be found on the Queensland Globe banner. Information on data currency can be found through the links to metadata from the globe banner.
To provide feedback or if you have an operational query please email email@example.com