We provide access to more than 1 million analogue and digital aerial photographs of Queensland from the 1930s to the present. Photographs can be accessed online, or can be purchased in digital or printed format.
You can also download scanned historical aerial photography originally captured on film from 1930 to 2009 through QImagery. They can also be purchased from us in print or digital format (see below).
- View the footprints for the latest aerial photography acquisitions in the Queensland Globe.
Scans and prints
Historical aerial photography
Scanned historical aerial photographs originally captured on film are available as low-resolution (400dpi) and high-resolution (1693dpi) digital copies and photographic prints and enlargements.
- 400dpi JPEG single photograph: - also available free of charge from QImagery
- 1693dpi TIFF single photograph:
- Bulk supply of 400dpi resolution photographs: hourly service rate
Email SiProductDelivery@dnrm.qld.gov.au to order and for more information.
Prints and enlargements
- Photographic quality print from imagery scanned at 1693dpi resolution, up to 228mm x 228mm:
- Photographic quality print enlargement from imagery scanned at 1693dpi resolution, maximum finished size A3:
Orthophotos are images that are processed to remove distortions and provide an accurate representation of the Earth.
The orthorectification process aims to remove the effects of aerial camera lens tip and tilt, image scale variations, and object displacements due to ground relief. Digital orthophoto images are georeferenced and can be used as a backdrop layer in geographic information systems (GIS) with other spatial information.
Orthophotos are generally available in uncompressed tagged image file format (TIFF) or compressed enhanced compression wavelet (ECW) format typically at pixel sizes of ground sampling distance (GSD) of 10cm and 25cm.
- Rectified image per tile (includes spatial imagery subscription plan orthophotos), various sizes depending on project ground sampling distance (GSD):
- Rectified imagery per 1:100,000 area:
Email SiProductDelivery@dnrm.qld.gov.au to order or for technical advice.
Our aerial photographs are official government records and we are authorised to supply certified images of Queensland land and coastal waters for use as evidence in court proceedings.
- Photographic quality print and signed documentation validating the metadata of the historic aerial photography/orthophoto/imagery:
Email email@example.com to order or for more information.
- Last reviewed: 16 Nov 2017
- Last updated: 16 Nov 2017