Events submitted for publishing on the Business Queensland events calendar must meet our style requirements.
- Know your audience and write to their needs.
- Use plain English – language that is clear and to the point.
- Avoid using jargon, technical language, buzzwords or 'marketing speak'.
- Use active voice.
- Use relevant keywords in your event details. This will help users find the event through search engines.
- Use hyperlinks to direct users to related content.
- Avoid repeating information you have already included elsewhere.
- Put the most important information first in your summary and description.
- Put key ideas toward the start of your sentences. This will help users scan your content.
- Use short sentences and paragraphs.
- Use bullet lists to highlight key information and to help users scan content.
- Use bold and italics sparingly.
- Do not use underlines.
- Do not use all capital letters in your sentences.
- When you use an acronym for the first time, write the phrase in full and put the acronym in brackets.
- Do not include HTML or CSS.
- Do not add images or other media to your event.