Prepare your small business for disasters
Small business disaster checklists
Use our small business disaster resources to help you prevent, prepare, respond and recover from disasters or emergencies.
Download the Small business disaster hub app for Apple iOS or Android to access this information offline and receive relevant alerts.
Types of disasters and emergencies
Choose the disaster or emergency most likely to impact your business.
Major health event
- Pandemics (e.g. COVID-19)
- Epidemics (e.g. mosquito borne diseases such as dengue, malaria)
- Localised outbreaks (e.g. Legionnaires' disease, diseases from animal contact)
- Food poisoning or contamination
- Biosecurity threats (pest and animal disease outbreaks)
- Workplace accidents or deaths
- Dangerous material spills, leaks or explosions
- Loss of power or infrastructure
- Major transport disasters
- Terrorist or major criminal incidents
- Climate change risks
I want to...
- Learn about Queensland natural disaster assistance
- Download or print disaster checklists and templates
- Find emergency alerts, warnings and contacts
- Learn how small businesses prepare, respond and recover
- View disaster recovery 'how to' videos
- Download the Small business disaster hub app
- Find mental health support services in Queensland