Sales: the basics
The final sale may be the goal, but getting your customer to buy a product or service is just one step in a long process.
Successful selling involves:
- developing relationships with people
- discovering their needs
- matching your products and services to these needs
- communicating the benefits of buying your products and services.
Having a sales plan before you start selling will help you set sales goals and document ways to achieve those goals.
To achieve your sales goals you may need to acquire some sales skills. Learnt skills such as effective communication and product knowledge can give you confidence in your ability to sell, which will make your customers more likely to buy your products or services.
Before you start selling anything, you also need to be aware of your legal obligations. The consequences of selling illegally could force you to close your business.
This guide will help you understand the basics of successful selling.
I want to...
- Digital Business Workshop - Emerald 26/06/2018
- Digital Business Workshop for Manufacturing - Gympie 26/06/2018