Enable Grants Program
Applications for this program are now closed.
The program is a Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan initiative that supports non-government organisations (NGOs) in providing energy efficiency advice and activities that help reduce energy bills for Queenslanders experiencing vulnerability, including renters.
NGOs with existing capability and established relationships with vulnerable Queenslanders had the opportunity to apply for a grant of either:
- $500,000 to $1 million for large projects that could include home energy visits and in-home energy efficiency devices
- $50,000 to $500,000 to deliver small-to-medium-sized projects, for example developing energy efficiency resources.
Funded projects under the program will:
- increase energy efficiency to support households experiencing vulnerability to manage their energy use and reduce electricity bills
- improve energy literacy for households experiencing vulnerability so they can better navigate energy matters
- share benefits with all Queenslanders as part of the transition to renewable energy
- build capacity for NGOs to reach households experiencing vulnerability.
NGOs that were eligible to apply, included:
- Australian charities registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- companies limited by guarantee registered under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cwlth)
- incorporated associations (as listed on the Queensland Charity Register)
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporations registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cwlth) or listed with the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations.
They must have also:
- been based in Queensland or have an ongoing operation in Queensland
- held, or provided plans to obtain, insurance for the project period
- had an ABN and provided a copy of documentation to prove your not-for-profit status
- had no outstanding financial accountability, service delivery or performance issues for funding provided by the Queensland Government.
The project must be delivered in Queensland by 31 December 2025.
Email email@example.com for help or more information.
- Last reviewed: 20 Oct 2023
- Last updated: 20 Oct 2023