Leading Sheep program: key information for sheep and wool producers
Leading Sheep is an important partnership between the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and Australian Wool Innovation and is supported by AgForce.
The program aims to assist Queensland's sheep and wool producers to become more profitable and maximise productivity by:
- creating a network of producers in 3 regions across the state—south, south west and north/central west, and determining local priorities
- providing latest information on industry issues and advice on new practices and technologies that will lead to long-term sustainability for the industry
- creating, identifying and promoting opportunities for future sheep and wool industry members to shape the direction of the industry in Queensland.
The priority areas of the program include:
- drought planning
- pest animal management
- ewe and lamb survival
- business performance.
See upcoming events, latest information and resources for sheep and wool producers and learn more about how you can take part in the Leading Sheep program.
- Last reviewed: 15 Jul 2020
- Last updated: 15 Jul 2020