Resources for project bank accounts
The Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) and Other Legislation Act 2020 received assent on 23 July 2020.
This Act will replace project bank accounts with a new trust account framework, delivering a more streamlined framework. Read about the new trust account framework.
The following information only applies to project bank accounts for certain government contracts tendered after 1 March 2018 up to 28 February 2021.
- Principals (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Head contractors (PDF, 981KB)
- Subcontractors (PDF, 973KB)
- Financial institutions
See our series of videos outlining how PBAs operate in practice, and the roles and responsibilities of head contractors and subcontractors.
You can find project bank account forms on the Queensland Building and Construction Commission website.
Read our troubleshooting PBAs page to find solutions to common problems.
- Find out about building consultancy contracts and special conditions of contract.
- Read the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Act 2017.
- Read the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Regulation 2018.
- Register with QTenders, the Queensland Government's online tendering system.
- Register with ETenders, the Department of Housing and Public Works' electronic tender system.
- Find out more about security of payment.
- Last reviewed: 5 Jun 2020
- Last updated: 11 Sep 2020