Business migration visas
The Queensland Government considers nominations for business migrants who wish to invest in Queensland through the Business Innovation and Investment Program.
In partnership with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Queensland considers Expressions of Interest (EOI) for business migrants seeking to make an investment that directly benefits Queensland's economy.
Visa types for business migrants
EOIs are considered for applicants under the following visa subclasses.
Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 188) Visa
This visa subclass is a pathway to permanent residency through the Business Innovation and Investment (subclass 888) Visa, through the:
- Innovation Stream - for people who want to own and manage a new or existing business in Queensland
- Investor Stream - make a designated investment in Queensland
- Significant Investor Stream - invest at least A$2.5 million into Queensland's economy over the complying investment frameworks.
Business Talent (Permanent) (subclass 132) Visa
Through the Significant Business History stream, affluent owners or part owners of a business who want to have a major management role in a new or existing business in Queensland are eligible for permanent residency.
Learn more about seeking a business migration nomination from the Queensland Government.
Note: All visas are granted by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- Last reviewed: 16 May 2016
- Last updated: 16 May 2016
I want to...
- The Income from Innovation Workshop 23/05/2017
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 23/05/2017