The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Land title practice manual
Witnessing provisions during coronavirus (COVID-19)
With the current COVID-19 situation, the Registrar of Titles has provided some guidance on alternative witnessing provisions that can be used to assist in witnessing of documents, where document lodgement cannot be delayed. For example, where the transferor or mortgagor is in COVID-19 related self-quarantine or self-isolation.
Read about these alternative witnessing provisions (PDF, 110KB).
For the latest on the response to COVID-19 including information and assistance for businesses from the Queensland and Australian Governments please visit the Queensland Health and the Australian Government Department of Health websites.
The land title practice manual details the required practice and procedures for industry practitioners when preparing and lodging Titles Registry forms. The manual includes a detailed guide to completion for each form and examples of completed forms.
Titles Registry forms are legally binding and must be completed carefully. Please contact a competent legal professional for legal advice or for assistance with any complex transaction.
Download the land title practice manual
The land title practice manual is updated periodically. Subscribe to the Titles Registry alerts to be notified automatically or download the list of updates.
- Land title practice manual updates 16 October 2020 (PDF, 1.27MB)
- Land title practice manual updates 2011- (PDF, 729KB)
- Land title practice manual updates 2009-2010 (PDF, 79KB)
Land title practice manual in sections
- Cover pages (PDF, 43KB)
- Introduction (PDF, 141KB)
- Part 01 - Transfer (PDF, 387KB)
- Part 02 - Mortgage (National Mortgage Form) (PDF, 248KB)
- Part 03 - Release of mortgage (PDF, 104KB)
- Part 04 - Request to record death (PDF, 108KB)
- Part 05, 05A, 06 - Transmission applications (PDF, 283KB)
- Part 07 - Lease (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Part 08 - Surrender of lease (PDF, 121KB)
- Part 09 - Easement (PDF, 145KB)
- Part 10 - Surrender of easement (PDF, 77KB)
- Part 11 - Caveat (PDF, 208KB)
- Part 12 - Request to register writ or warrant of execution (PDF, 120KB)
- Part 13 - Amendment of lease, easement, mortgage, covenant, profit à prendre, or building management statement (PDF, 128KB)
- Part 14 - General request (PDF, 902KB)
- Part 15 - Request for amalgamation (PDF, 82KB)
- Part 16 - Request to register power of attorney or revocation of power of attorney (PDF, 193KB)
- Part 18 - General consent (PDF, 105KB)
- Part 20 - Schedule, enlarged panel, additional page, declaration or standard terms document (PDF, 78KB)
- Part 21 - Plans and associated documents (PDF, 283KB)
- Part 23 - Priority Notice, Extension of Priority Notice and Withdrawal of Priority Notice (PDF, 173KB)
- Part 24 - Property transfer information (PDF, 210KB)
- Part 25 - Foreign ownership information (PDF, 159KB)
- Part 29 - Profit à prendre (PDF, 47KB)
- Part 30 - Mortgage priority (PDF, 42KB)
- Part 31 - Covenants (PDF, 103KB)
- Part 32 - Building management statements (PDF, 70KB)
- Part 33 - Release of covenant/profit à prendre (PDF, 64KB)
- Part 34 - Extinguishment of building management statement (PDF, 71KB)
- Part 36 - Carbon abatement interests (PDF, 98KB)
- Part 37 - Surrender of a carbon abatement interest (PDF, 154KB)
- Part 39 - High-density development easement (PDF, 82KB)
- Part 40 - Surrender of high-density development easement (PDF, 60KB)
- Part 45 - Community title schemes (PDF, 830KB)
- Part 49 - Water allocations (PDF, 75KB)
- Part 50 - Corporations and companies (PDF, 136KB)
- Part 51 - Trusts (PDF, 231KB)
- Part 52 - Administrative advices (PDF, 273KB)
- Part 59 - Forms (PDF, 86.7KB)
- Part 60 - Miscellaneous (PDF, 159KB)
- Part 61 - Witnessing and Execution of Instruments or Documents (PDF, 405KB)
- Last reviewed: 16 Oct 2020
- Last updated: 16 Oct 2020