Dealing with skills shortages
Once you have identified any skills shortages in your team, consider how to address these gaps. Remember, as your business grows, it may become difficult to take on every role yourself, and you may need to recruit new staff, train existing staff or outsource specific tasks.
If you don't have all of the skills you need to run and grow your business, think about:
- outsourcing complex or time-consuming tasks so you can spend more time working on your business
- recruiting the right staff to complement your own skills
- improving your own business skills and those of your employees to make the most of the talents of your team.
There are a variety of options available to help develop your own skills and those of your team. You can:
- enrol in TAFE Queensland, university or other learning institutions, including online courses
- network with other business owners
- join industry associations relevant to your business to learn more about networking, training and conference opportunities
- find a mentor with the Mentoring for Growth or Small Business Solutions programs
- subscribe to online business website alerts
- watch one of our free webinars or webisodes.
- Learn more about outsourcing, recruiting and improving your business skills.
- Read about training staff.
- Find out how to work with business advisers.
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 04/10/2022
- Small Business Wellness Package Launch – Gold Coast 04/10/2022