Check and pay your land tax account
Once you have set up your account in QRO Online, you can log in at any time to check your land tax details.
If you have agreed to receive electronic assessment notices, we'll send you an email when your notice is ready to download. Log in and select Assessments to see current and previous notices.
Balance and payments
To see if you have a land tax liability or to view your payment history, select Payments.
- If we've issued an assessment notice, you'll see the details here.
- If this section shows 'No amount payable', we have not issued an assessment notice yet.
You can use the land tax estimator (in the left navigation) to determine if you have, or will have, a liability.
This is also where you can apply for an extended payment option (EPO), find details of your payment plan and set up direct debits.
- your personal land tax liability, select My land under My portfolio
- on behalf of another person, company or trust, select View accounts. (If you can’t see your accounts, check that you have linked your personal account to the company or trust.)
How to set up direct debit
Follow these steps to set up direct debit in QRO Online:
- Select Manage details from the menu and add your bank account.
- Select Payments.
- Select Pay.
Your bank account, payment amount and scheduled date will populate automatically.
- You can edit the payment amount and date to suit your circumstances.
If you schedule payment for a future date, make sure you have sufficient funds in your account.
- Select Make payment.
The total liability must be paid by the due date to avoid interest and penalties.
You can apply online for an exemption for land used for the home you live in or for primary production.
See how to apply for a land tax exemption. You can check the progress of your exemption claim under Actions.
To update bank or contact details for:
- your personal account, go to My land and select Manage details
- a company or trust, go to View accounts and select Manage details.
You can't change the email address that you use to log in (i.e. the email that you used to create your account). If you want to change this email address, you can contact us.
- Last reviewed: 18 Jun 2021
- Last updated: 4 Mar 2022