Correcting errors in payroll tax periodic returns
If you find an error in a self-assessed or default periodic return, you can make corrections in OSRconnect and request a reassessment.
For a reassessment of final returns, send an email with your client number and revised wages information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you start, print a copy of the original return - you won’t be able to do this after you have made changes and sent the reassessment request. This tutorial shows you how to find the return, print a copy, edit the return and make a request for reassessment.
Selecting the return
- On the Lodgement Obligations tab, locate the submitted return using the Filter & Search function.
If you have only just submitted a return, it will not display until its status is ‘Processed’. There can be a delay of up to 4 hours between submitting a return and it being processed. If your search delivers a ‘no data available’ result, check the transaction number or date range that you entered, or wait until the return has been processed.
- The requested return will appear with a green tick, indicating that this is a submitted return.
- Click the transaction number to open the return.
- To print a copy of your return before you edit it, go to the Liabilities stage and select Summary. Return to the Identification stage to continue your request for reassessment.
- Select Edit to amend the return.
- Choose a Reassessment reason from the drop-down list. You can also add more information in the Comments field.
- Click Next.
The original details will display in the return.
- Overwrite the fields that need to be changed.
- Select Calculate to update the figures. Changes made in the wages section will be reflected in the new calculation.
- Select Next to move through the form.
This calculation is only a reflection of your request for a payroll tax reassessment - it does not include interest or penalty component. It does not become a reassessment until we have processed it.
The new calculated liability is based on the wages declared in your request. It does not display a total amount payable - this will be determined once the reassessment has been processed.
- Select Summary to see a copy of your request for reassessment.
- Select Next to go to the Declaration stage.
Declaration and Confirmation
- Update the declaration details as required. Ensure all mandatory fields are filled.
- Select Summary to see or print a copy of the reassessment request.
- Select Request to send your reassessment request.
The Confirmation page can be printed at the time the request is made.
We will review the request and advise you of the outcome.
- Last reviewed: 01 Jan 2016
- Last updated: 01 Jan 2016