COVID-19 alert: Read about eased restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 1am, Friday 22 January.
Correcting errors in a payroll tax periodic return
If you find an error in a self-assessed or default periodic return, you can make corrections in OSR Online and request a reassessment.
For a reassessment of final returns, send an email with your client number and revised wages information to email@example.com.
This tutorial shows you how to find the return, edit the details and request a reassessment.
Selecting the return
- Log in to OSR Online.
- Select View accounts and select the business from your Client list.
- Select Returns from the left menu.
- Click the Advanced Search icon in the top right corner.
- Enter search criteria and click Search. (You don't need to complete each search field.)
- Lodgement date: Enter the date the return was lodged (i.e. not necessarily the date it was due).
- Financial year: Select from the drop-down list of past 7 financial years.
- Transaction number: This is the transaction number for the return you are looking for (e.g. 1000XXXXXXXX).
- Status: Select Submitted from the drop-down list.
If you need to search again, click Reset.
The search results will appear below the search fields. Click More to expand the list if needed.
- Locate the return and click Reassess. (If you only want to see, save or print a copy of the return, click View form.)
- Select a Reassessment reason from the drop-down list.
- Add comments to support the request.
Note: You cannot change the employer status or any date fields.
- Update information and click Calculate.
- Click Next to continue.
The new calculated liability or credit that is displayed is based on the wages declared in your request.
- It does not show a total amount payable.
- It does not include interest or penalties.
- The amount payable will be determined once we have processed the reassessment.
If the reassessment results in a credit, you will see a Bank details section.
- Answer the question: Would you like the refund paid directly to your bank account
- If ‘No’, we will send you a cheque.
- If ‘Yes’, enter your bank details and tick the box to confirm you have read and agreed to the terms in the direct debit request service agreement. (You won’t be able to tick this box if you haven’t opened the link first.)
- Click Next to continue.
- Enter your contact details.
- Tick the box to confirm the information is true and correct.
- Click Review to continue. A summary of the return (including changes made) will display.
- Click Edit beside each stage to make more changes if required.
- Click Request to submit the request for reassessment. A confirmation message will display.
- Click Okay to close the message.
We will review the request and advise you of the outcome.
- Last reviewed: 3 Aug 2020
- Last updated: 3 Aug 2020