Give another person access to an OSR Online account
You can give someone access to the information and records in your OSR Online client account, or that of a company or trust - that is, you can assign someone to view the details or act on your behalf in a payroll tax, betting tax, land tax or royalty account.
You can also:
- manage the level of access they have
- set a date when their access will end.
To do this, the other person must first set up an OSR Online account and create a contact card.
Watch our video tutorials on how to:
- Mary creates an OSR Online account. She assigns access to her husband, Michael, so he can help her to manage her land tax.
- Julie is a director for ABC Pty Ltd and creates an OSR Online account. She assigns access to her accountant, John, so he can view, lodge and pay ABCs payroll tax obligations.
This feature is only available in OSR Online. Use OSRconnect for duties.
- Log in to OSR Online.
- To give someone access to:
- your personal land tax account, select My land
- your personal royalty account, select Royalty
- a company or trust account you administer for land tax, payroll tax, betting tax or royalty, click View accounts and select the relevant account.
- Select Assign permissions from the side menu and then select the Assign permissions tab.
- Enter the surname and email address of the person you want to assign access to. This should be the same as the information on their contact card. Click Find contact.
- If your search is successful, their contact card will appear. Click Next.
If their card does not appear, check the details you entered. You might need to contact them to confirm the details in their contact card.
- Set the access level.
- For royalty, select the operations you want to assign access to from the Operation drop-down menu.
- For all account types, select the level of access you want to assign from the Authorisation drop-down menu.
You can grant complete access (i.e. as an administrator) or select various options using Add more.
|Authorisation level||What they can do|
|Administrator||View assessment notices, submit forms, make payments, update details and assign access to another person|
|Save drafts||Create and save a draft form or transaction but cannot submit|
|Lodge forms/returns||Submit forms or returns|
|Payment||Make payments (not available to royalty accounts)|
|Read only||View information only; cannot manage details or assign permissions|
- Enter an end date in the Valid to field for each option. This date determines when the authorisation for this person will expire. Enter 31/12/9999 to keep the authorisation valid indefinitely.
- Click Assign to save.
You will need to tell the other person that they have access to the account information. OSR Online will not notify them for you.
Company and trust accounts
If you have given someone access to your account, they will need to go to the Home screen and select View accounts. They then select your client name to access your account information.
Select the View permissions tab to see the permissions you have assigned and their level of access.
To change the authorisation level, select Edit from the Actions column, change the details, and Save.
You can also see all permissions (both active and inactive) by selecting Active and changing to All.
You should do an audit of users who have access to your personal, company or trust accounts regularly. You don't actually delete a user from your account – but you can cancel their access.
- Select View permissions.
- Select Edit from the Actions column.
- Select each authorisation level and change the Valid to date, and Save.
- Last reviewed: 30 Jul 2020
- Last updated: 30 Jul 2020