Give another person access to your OSR Online account
You can give someone access to act as a delegate for your OSR Online account - that is, you can assign someone to view your information and act on your behalf. To do this, both you and the other person must first set up an OSR Online account and create a contact card.
- Mary registers for OSR Online. She assigns access to her husband, Michael, as a delegate, so he can help her to manage her land tax account.
- Julie is a director for ABC Pty Ltd and registers for OSR Online. She assigns access to her accountant, John, to view and pay ABC’s tax obligations.
This feature is only available in OSR Online. Use OSRconnect for payroll tax, duties, betting tax, and mining and petroleum royalties.
- Log in to OSR Online.
- Select the relevant portfolio (e.g. land tax) under My portfolio.
- Select Assign permission from the side menu and then select the Assign permission tab.
- Enter the surname and the email address of the person you want to assign access to. Click Find delegate. (This person should have already registered for OSR Online and completed their contact card.)
- If your search is successful, their contact card will appear. Click Next.
If their card does not appear, check the details you entered. You might need to contact them to confirm the details they entered in their contact card.
- Select the level of access you want to assign them from the Authorisation drop-down menu.
You can grant complete access (i.e. as an administrator) or select various options using Add more.
|Authorisation level||What they can do|
|Administrator||Submit forms, make payments, update details and assign access to another person|
|Save drafts||Create and save a draft form or transaction but cannot submit|
|Lodge forms/returns||Submit forms or returns|
|Read only||View information only|
- Enter an end date in the Valid to field for each option. This date determines when the authorisation for this person will expire. Enter 31/12/9999 to keep the authorisation valid indefinitely.
- Click Assign to save.
Select the View permissions tab to see the permissions you have assigned and their level of access.
To change the authorisation level or end date, select Edit from the Actions column, change the details, and Save.
You can also see all permissions (both active and inactive) by selecting Active and changing to All.
- Last reviewed: 25 Jul 2019
- Last updated: 25 Jul 2019