COVID-19 alert: Read about changed restrictions for businesses in Greater Brisbane from 6pm, Monday 11 January.
Create an OSR Online account
You'll need to take 5 steps to create your OSR Online account:
- Provide basic information and verify your email address.
- Follow the instructions in the welcome email.
- Enter the authentication code.
- Verify your identity.
- Personalise your account.
Before you start
Watch our video tutorials on how to:
You will need:
- an email address (either your personal or work email, depending on whether you are registering to access your individual account or a company or trust account). To keep personal information secure, do not use generic or shared email addresses. For example, use Mary.Citizen@company.mail not email@example.com
- 2 valid Australian identification documents (e.g. driver licence, Medicare card). If you don't have these you can still create an account, but we'll have to verify your documents manually (at step 4).
When you set up an account for OSR Online, you create a personal account using your email address (not a shared or group email). That is, use a personal email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) or a corporate one (e.g. email@example.com).
- Go to OSR Online.
- Select Don’t have an account yet?
- Complete the basic profile information fields and click Submit. (Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.)
- You’ll see a pop-up message confirming that we’ve sent an email with instructions to verify your email address.
- Read the email and click the Verify your email button.
If your email verification was successful, you’ll see a message directing you back to your inbox to see your welcome email.
- Close the current OSR Online browser.
- Read the welcome email and click the Log in to OSR Online button.
- This will take you back to OSR Online.
- Enter your email address and password, and click Log in.
A pop-up message confirms that an authentication code has been sent via email.
- Log in to OSR Online with your email address, password and authentication code.
For security reasons the authentication code expires after 5 minutes. If you don’t receive the email within this time, you’ll have to repeat these steps.
After you first log in, you may have to use an authentication code from time to time, or if you log in using a different device. You won’t have to do this step every time you log in.
After you’ve created your account, you’ll have to verify your identity before you can:
- access your individual, company or trust account
- convert your existing OSRconnect account to OSR Online
- link to another account and manage what access other users have.
Australian identity documents
- Log in to OSR Online.
- Select the Identity verification tile.
- Enter your address details.
- Go to Primary evidence and select the document type from the drop-down list (e.g. driver licence). Enter the identification information. Select Verify.
- Your personal details must match the details on your Australian identity document. For example, if the name on your driver licence is Mary K Citizen, you must include the middle initial when you enter the details.
- If your Australian driver licence begins with a 0, do not include this first 0 (e.g. if the licence number is 0123456, you would enter 123456).
- Go to Secondary evidence and select a different document type from the drop-down list (e.g. Medicare card). Enter the identification information. Select Verify.
It can take a few minutes for the document verification system to verify your identity. Click Refresh to check the progress.
Other document types
If you don't have Australian documents or cannot provide 2 valid document types, we will have to verify your identity for you.
- Tick I am unable to complete the above identity verification.
- Request manual verification.
- Enter your details and attach your documents.
- Click Submit.
We will let you know when your account is finalised.
- Last reviewed: 16 Nov 2020
- Last updated: 19 Nov 2020