Create an OSR Online account
When you set up an account for OSR Online, you create a personal account using your unique email address. Use a personal or corporate email address, not a shared one.
Once your identity has been verified, you can:
- access your individual, company or trust land tax, payroll tax, betting tax or royalty accounts
- convert your existing OSRconnect account to OSR Online
- link to another account and manage what access other users have. For example, you can request permission to a company or trust account, or assign someone to view an account or act on your behalf.
You can create a second user ID for a single account. For example, you might like to log in using both your personal and work email addresses. If you use the same identity verification documents, you will see the same account information and services regardless of which login you use.
Before you start
Watch our video tutorials on how to:
You will need:
- an email address (either your personal or work email, depending on whether you are registering to access your individual account or a company or trust account). To keep personal information secure, do not use generic or shared email addresses. For example, use Mary.Citizen@company.mail not email@example.com
- 2 valid Australian identification documents (e.g. driver licence, Medicare card).
- Go to OSR Online.
- Select Don’t have an account yet?
- Complete the basic profile information fields and click Submit. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
Your profile information will not be visible to other users unless you use a shared email address.
You will receive a verification email from OSR Online. If you don’t receive this email directly after creating your account:
- check your mailbox junk folder and look for an email from OSR Online
- check your firewall settings if you are using a secure IT network
- contact us if you're still having trouble.
Once you have verified your email, return to OSR Online. For added security, OSR Online uses 2-factor authentication. This means the first time you log in, you will need to enter a code as well as your login details. You may be required to use 2-factor authentication from time to time, or if you log in using a different device.
- Select Identity verification.
- Complete the personal details and address fields.
- Click Primary evidence and select the document type from the drop-down list (e.g. driver licence). Then enter the identification number (i.e. the licence number). Select Verify.
- Click Secondary evidence and select a different document type from the drop-down list (e.g. Medicare card). Then enter the identification number (i.e. the card number). Select Verify.
- Click Submit.
If you don't have Australian documents or cannot provide 2 valid document types:
- tick the I am unable to complete the above identity verification option
- click Submit
- enter your details and attach your documents so that we can verify your identity manually.
We will advise you when your account is finalised.
- Last reviewed: 29 Jul 2020
- Last updated: 29 Jul 2020