About OSR Online
OSR Online is our new online tax lodgement and payment system, which is now available for:
- land tax
- payroll tax
- betting tax
- mining and petroleum royalties.
It gives you a convenient way to manage, lodge and pay in one secure place that's accessible at any time.
Note: Currently, you cannot make royalty payments in OSR Online.
For online transactions for transfer duty, use OSRconnect.
OSR Online replaces OSRconnect
OSR Online is a secure and modern user interface with improved functionality, which is why it has replaced OSRconnect for payroll tax, betting tax and royalty.
OSR Online will be available for transfer duty users later in 2020, before OSRconnect is phased out.
Benefits of OSR Online
- Manage an account when and how you want
- Update your details quickly and easily
- Feel confident with the highest level of data security
- Verify each individual user to ensure greater security
- Better manage who can access an account and what they can do
- Oversee more readily what activity happens in your account
- Get detailed access to your tax and royalty history for greater transparency
What's different about OSR Online
To ensure a more secure and tailored service, all OSR Online users need to:
- Create an individual account with a unique email address and password. (You can't use a generic or shared email, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Verify their identity (using 2 separate forms of Australian ID).
If you work on behalf of an organisation, you must create and use an individual account first, then link it to the organisation's account. You can do this using either your personal or work email address (or both). Your personal details will not be visible to the linked account.
Converting to OSR Online
We have step-by-step guides to help you set up, including how to:
- create and verify your account
- link your account to your organisation
- manage your account details.
For OSRconnect users, we have a guide on how to convert your account across to OSR Online.
- Last reviewed: 29 Jul 2020
- Last updated: 29 Jul 2020