The gap between your current skills and those required to introduce the change is the potential capability gap. Once the gap has been identified, there are options to increase your capability, including up-skilling current employees, targeted recruitment and collaborative partnering agreements.
Capability planning includes the following steps:
- Look at where the business is now and where you want it to be in the future, once the innovation is implemented.
- Identify the gap and what change is required.
- Identify the jobs and tasks required to introduce and sustain the innovation.
- Identify what skills are required for each task or job.
- Evaluate current skills.
- Identify skills gaps.
- Read about Advance Queensland's innovation funding and support programs.
- Learn about preventing discrimination and promoting diversity on the Australia Human Rights Commission's website.
- Contact TAFE Queensland and universities to find out what training courses and programs they offer.
- Learn about training provided by members of the Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia.
- Find out about training, funding and incentives for employers.