Plan your workforce
Prepare a workforce plan to develop your current workforce and recruit people with skills to support your business as it grows or changes.
Workforce planning—when integrated with your business plan—can help you:
- retain employees and reduce turnover
- find the right people for key roles
- reduce skills shortages
- identify staff training and development needs
- improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
- increase job satisfaction and employee engagement.
For more information, visit the Workforce Planning Connect website developed by Jobs Queensland and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (CCIQ).
Workforce planning toolkit
The workforce planning toolkit (PDF, 1.1MB) for small-to-medium enterprises by Jobs Queensland and CCIQ includes:
- checklists - to assess how ready you are for workforce planning
- templates - for stakeholder planning, business and workforce needs assessments, supply and demand analysis, workforce plans and action plans
- scenarios and suggestions
- other practical resources - for planning and development.
- Last reviewed: 27 Jun 2019
- Last updated: 22 Jun 2021