The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Taxable wages for payroll tax
You must report the following taxable wages when lodging your payroll tax return in Queensland:
- cash and non-cash wages
- third-party payments
- superannuation contributions
- salary sacrifice amounts.
Salary sacrifice amounts are cash wages that an employee has chosen to forgo in return for other benefits.
In general, wage payments are liable for payroll tax if they are:
- a reward for services rendered by an employee, deemed employee or director
- payments to which the recipient has an enforceable right.
This guide includes common payments employees receive, and identifies which of these payments are taxable.
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020