The Queensland Government is now in caretaker mode until after the state election. Minimal updates will be made to this site until after the election results are declared.
Refunds of payroll tax
Your liability or refund will be automatically calculated when you lodge your annual or final return. If you have overpaid tax at any time during the year, we will apply the amount to any outstanding liabilities you have, then refund any remaining amount to you. The refund process may vary if you are a member of a group.
Any periodic returns containing errors need to be reassessed before we can issue a refund. You can request a reassessment by sending an email to email@example.com with updated wage figures.
If you have shown the correct amount in your lodged return, but have accidentally overpaid, you can request the refund of an overpayment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include:
- your client details
- the reason for the overpayment
- the return period in which you overpaid tax.
If you have no outstanding liabilities and a refund is due, we may:
- transfer funds to your nominated bank account (see how to set up your account details in OSR Online)
- hold the amount for any liability that might arise within 60 days.
You have up to 5 years from the date of the overpayment to request a refund.
I want to...
- Payroll tax: Introduction to payroll tax in Queensland 28/10/2020
- Mentoring for Growth day - Logan 29/10/2020