Paying payroll tax returns
Find out about the payroll tax relief package for businesses affected by the coronavirus.
When you lodge a payroll tax return, you must pay any tax and other amounts (e.g. unpaid tax interest) by the due date.
To make an electronic payment, you must quote the payment reference code (transaction number) for each return lodged through OSRconnect. The reference number is on the confirmation page that displays after you submit the return - it also explains how and when to pay.
You can pay electronically by:
- credit card using BPOINT - for amounts between $10 and $50,000 (a surcharge of 0.518% applies to Visa and Mastercard, and 1.4% to Amex)
- electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- direct payment - through OSRconnect.
To use direct payment, you need to first add your bank account details to OSRconnect. Once a transaction has been submitted, the Pay Now button will appear on your confirmation page. Click Pay Now and select an account from the Bank Account Details drop-down list, then click OK.
Learn about setting up bank details in OSRconnect.
Find out more about our payment options.
If you pay by cheque, you must:
- make your cheque payable to ‘Commissioner of State Revenue’
- post the cheque to:
Office of State Revenue
GPO Box 2248
Brisbane Qld 4001
- pay by cleared funds (i.e. bank cheque or solicitor's trust account cheque)
- include a printout of the confirmation page. You do not need to send any other paperwork with your cheque payments.
Unsigned cheques will be returned and unpaid tax interest will accrue until full payment by cleared funds has been received.