Queensland COVID-19 cleaning rebate
The Queensland COVID-19 cleaning rebate supports small and medium businesses and not-for-profit organisations that have been listed as an exposure venue by Queensland Health.
It will help cover professional cleaning expenses by providing a rebate for cleaning costs incurred at exposure venues in Queensland.
About the cleaning rebate
A rebate amount of up to 80% of the professional cleaning cost is available, capped at $10,000 per separate event where a business is identified as a site of potential COVID-19 transmission by Queensland Health.
Small and medium sized businesses and not-for-profit organisations that have an annual payroll in Queensland of less than $10 million can access a rebate.
To be eligible, your business or not-for-profit organisation must:
- have been listed as an exposure venue on the Queensland Health website: Contact tracing (exposure sites) – coronavirus
- have completed a professional clean as outlined in the Queensland COVID-19 cleaning rebate guidelines of the exposure venue in accordance with Queensland Health's guidance and information on COVID-19 cleaning
- have completed the professional clean in the 2021–22 financial year—this includes businesses that may have completed a professional clean as a result of the South East Queensland and Townsville lockdown that commenced on 29 June 2021
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered with WorkCover Queensland if you employ staff
- have an annual payroll of less than $10 million
- be registered with 1 of the following (unless you are not required by legislation to be registered with 1 of these regulators):
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT) – regulated industries (e.g. real estate agent, motor dealer, tattoo operator).
How to apply
To receive the rebate, eligible businesses and not-for-profit organisations should:
- read the Queensland COVID-19 cleaning rebate guidelines and frequently asked questions
- use the eligibility checker to confirm you are eligible to receive the Queensland COVID-19 cleaning rebate
- gather your cleaning invoices and evidence of payment for professional cleaning services at the exposure venue
- complete the online claim form and attach invoices and evidence of payment
- submit using the online claim form.
Read these key documents:
- Find out what COVID-19 business assistance you may be eligible for.
- Read advice for businesses affected by COVID-19 cases.
Check your eligibility
To be eligible for this rebate, your business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Last reviewed: 25 Aug 2021
- Last updated: 25 Aug 2021
I want to...
- Mentoring for Growth Day - Online 26/05/2022
- Scenic Rim Small Business Hub - Beaudesert (QSBM 2022) 26/05/2022