Mining and resources maps and spatial data
The Geological Survey of Queensland (GSQ) produces a wide range of geological and tenure maps. This guide describes the types of products available and how to access them.
Interactive geoscience and tenure maps
You can access Geoscience and tenure information through 2 online mapping applications.
MinesOnlineMaps is an application that will let you view, query, analyse, download and print spatial information about the mining and resources industry.
Queensland Globe is an interactive tool which will let you view a range of mines information using the Google EarthTM application.
QSpatial lets you access geoscience spatial data to use with your GIS software:
- On the QSpatial search page, click Choose categories, then select Geoscientific Information.
- Enter a keyword in the search term field to narrow your search.
Refer to our QSpatial Quicklinks to assist with your mines-related searches. This includes:
- Data type: categories to assist in searching—includes Administrative (Lands), Administrative (Mines), Constraint, Geology, Geophysical, Infrastructure, Permit, Resource, Topographic, Water.
- QSpatial title: the search term for the dataset in QSpatial.
- Metadata abstract: the description of the dataset.
- Download/metadata hyperlink: the hyperlink which opens the download page for the relevant dataset in QSpatial.
Our automated download service lets you develop scripts that, at preset times, will automatically download mines permit and geoscientific spatial data updates from our FTP site.
To access this service, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- your name
- company name
- datasets that you would like to access
- brief outline of the intended business use.
Once your access request has been approved, we'll send you the server details, a username and password.
We produce a range of geological maps of Queensland that are available at different scales:
- geological maps index (1:250,000 and 1:100,000) (PDF, 976KB)
- regional maps index (1:500,000; 1:1 million and 1:2 million) (PDF, 702KB)
- geological compilation plots (1:100,000 and 1:50,000) (PDF, 1.7MB)
To get copies of these maps you can:
- buy printed maps or digital mapping data from GSQ.
- download maps (in PDF or image formats) free of charge from QDEX Reports.
GSQ can print coal, mineral, geothermal and petroleum tenure maps on demand.
Contact GSQ to place an order.
- Last reviewed
- August 22, 2016
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)