Food and beverage industry associations
You can find suppliers, make contacts, and generate new business by attending events, seminars and networking opportunities run by your industry association. They can help you to connect with other businesses in the food and beverage industry.
Industry organisations usually provide members with key information and updates (i.e. how a change to legislation affects your business), run training and education programs and lobby on behalf of your industry to influence government policy.
Contact your industry association to find out how they can help you to run your business.
- Australian Food and Grocery Council (AFGC)
AFGC is the leading national organisation representing Australia's food, drink and grocery manufacturing industry. Members receive information, resources, industry and regulatory updates and tools.
- Food Industries Association of Queensland (FIAQ)
FIAQ represents the food and allied industries. Membership is open to individuals and businesses of all sizes and includes discounts, representations and networking opportunities.
- Restaurant and Catering Queensland
Restaurant and Catering Queensland is the peak body for the food service industry in Queensland. If you're a food service operator or supplier, Restaurant and Catering Queensland can keep you up to date with industry news and legislation changes, help you to find suppliers, and provide you with information and advice.
- Australian Tropical Foods Group
The Australian Tropical Foods Group is a member-based organisation for the food and wine industry in Tropical North Queensland. If your business is involved in this industry, the Australian Tropical Foods Group can help promote your produce and connect you with other businesses and organisations. They also provide the latest food news, including information about farmers markets, industry bodies and food events.
- Granite Belt Wine and Tourism
The Granite Belt Food and Winery Association is a membership-based group for businesses in the western region of South East Queensland. They represent and promote businesses that are involved in food and wine processing, food services and hospitality.
- Dairy Industry Association of Australia (DIAA)
DIAA represents dairy product manufacturers and allied trades. This not-for-profit industry association promotes excellence in the Australian dairy industry. They also provide a forum for communication, continuing education, professional growth, recognition and fellowship.
- National Baking Industry Association (NBIA)
The NBIA represents bakeries, patisseries, donut and muffin retailers, plant operators, franchises and wide variety of equipment and ingredient suppliers. Members receive industry news and publications, and invitations to networking events, workshops and seminars.
- Australian Beverages Council (ABCL)
ABCL is the peak industry voice representing the interests of the manufacturers, distributors and importers of non-alcoholic beverages. Members receive industry updates and networking and professional development opportunities.
Allergens and food science
- The Allergen Bureau
If you're involved in manufacturing, supply or sales involving food allergens, you are encouraged to join the Allergen Bureau. The bureau shares information and experience within the food industry on the management of food allergens to ensure consumers receive relevant, consistent and easy to understand information on food allergens.
- Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology (AIFST)
AIFST is a national, not-for-profit industry body representing individuals from all sectors of the food science and technology industry. Members receive a range of services to keep up to date with industry news, as well as professional development opportunities.
- Nutrition Australia
Nutrition Australia is a non-government, non-profit organisation that aims to promote the health and wellbeing of all Australians. Becoming a member ensures that you will be supporting the promotion of scientifically-based nutrition information in the community.
- Packaging Council of Australia (PCA)
PCA is a national association representing raw material suppliers, packaging manufacturers and users, retailers and packaging designers/consultants. Members receive regular publications, discounted rates for events, free inclusion in a widely accessed packaging industry directory and more.
- Learn about Queensland's food and beverage industry and food and beverage manufacturing.
- Find out about agriculture industry associations.
- Use our market research kit to find key economic, demographic and statistical information about your industry.
- Learn more about research resources for business and industry.
- Last reviewed
- December 11, 2015
- Check the changes to trading hours over the Christmas and New Year’s holiday period
- To trade after 2am on New Year’s Eve apply for an extended trading permit by 11 December
- Networked ID scanners postponed for up to 12 months
- Overview of the Tackling Alcohol-Fuelled Violence Legislation Amendment Act 2016
General enquiries 13 QGOV (13 74 68)