Maps of Queensland biosecurity zones
In this guide:
- Restrictions on moving plant material, soil and related equipment
- Maps of Queensland biosecurity zones
- Restrictions on moving plant material, soil and related equipment within Queensland
- Restrictions on moving plant material, soil and related equipment into Queensland
- Restrictions on moving plant material, soil and related equipment from Queensland to other states
A biosecurity zone is a part of Queensland that has legal movement restrictions placed on it to limit the spread of pests and diseases within the state.
Queensland has several biosecurity zones for different pests and diseases. You need to know the boundaries of the zones to know whether you are affected by the zone restrictions.
You can see maps of the biosecurity zones for various pests and diseases by using the links below.
For comprehensive information on biosecurity zones and the restrictions that apply to them, see the Queensland biosecurity manual (PDF, 1MB).
Banana plant pests
The following maps show the biosecurity zones for banana plant pests:
- Far Northern Biosecurity Zone 1 map (PDF, 330KB)
- Far Northern Biosecurity Zone 2 map (PDF, 330KB)
- Northern Banana Biosecurity Zone map (PDF, 420KB)
- Southern Banana Biosecurity Zone map (PDF, 420KB).
These zones cover the following banana plant pests and diseases:
- black Sigatoka of banana
- Panama disease tropical race 4
- banana freckle
- banana bunchy top virus
- Cavendish competent Panama disease tropical race 1.
Banana growers can also read the Banana Industry Biosecurity Guideline (PDF, 387KB) for practical advice on managing biosecurity risks.
The Papaya Ringspot Biosecurity Zone map (PDF, 768KB) shows the boundaries for:
- Papaya Ringspot Biosecurity Zone 1
- Papaya Ringspot Biosecurity Zone 2.
Red imported fire ant
Sugarcane plant pests
Queensland's commercial sugarcane production regions are located in the following biosecurity zones:
- Sugarcane Biosecurity Zone 1: Coen to Townsville
- Sugarcane Biosecurity Zone 2: Townsville to Abbotts Point
- Sugarcane Biosecurity Zone 3: Abbotts Point to Rockhampton
- Sugarcane Biosecurity Zone 4: Rockhampton to Victoria Point
- Sugarcane Biosecurity Zone 5: Victoria Point to New South Wales border
- Sugarcane Biosecurity Zone 6: Woodford special.
The sugar cane biosecurity zone maps (PDF, 346KB) show the boundaries of each of these zones.
Restrictions also apply to moving sugar cane out of the far northern biosecurity zones (PDF, 330KB).
- Last reviewed
- July 1, 2016
General enquiries 13 25 23