Ground distribution of herbicides
In this guide:
- Ground distribution of herbicides
- Laws for ground distribution of herbicides
- Licensing arrangements for ground distribution of herbicides
- Commercial operator's licence
- Ground distribution contractor's licence
- Regulated areas for ground distribution of herbicides
- Keeping records of herbicide distribution
- Responsible ground distribution of herbicides
Ground distribution of herbicides is the spraying, spreading or dispersing of herbicides, or any preparation containing herbicides, with ground equipment (i.e. a machine or apparatus other than an aircraft).
There are potential risks if herbicides are misused, particularly if you do not follow product labels, so laws govern the ground distribution of herbicides in Queensland. These laws are reinforced by licensing both the businesses and operators that conduct ground distribution.
Ground distribution is carried out by licensed commercial operators who operate the ground equipment involved.
Licensed commercial operators carry out ground distribution in the course of the business of, under the authority of, or under the direction of licensed ground distribution contractors or licensed aerial distribution contractors.
This guide will help you to understand the laws and licensing arrangements that govern the ground distribution of herbicides in Queensland.
- Last reviewed
- October 15, 2014
General enquiries 13 25 23