Electronic conveyancing transactions

Transactions need to meet specific requirements to be eligible for electronic conveyancing. The transaction must be:

  • a relevant transfer agreement (contract and pursuant Form 1 Transfer)
  • or
  • an electronic lodgement network (ELN) lodgement (Form 1 Transfer only).

Transactions involving a party using 1 name only are currently out of scope for e-conveyancing.

Relevant transfer agreement

A relevant transfer agreement is an agreement to transfer land in Queensland and a pursuant Form 1 Transfer to be registered with the Queensland Titles Registry under the Land Title Act 1994.

The transaction can:

  • include concessions for
    • home
    • first home
    • first home vacant land
    • family business
  • be aggregated under section 30 with
    • the transfer of other dutiable property under the same agreement
    • another relevant transfer agreement.

The transaction cannot include:

  • exemptions
  • transfers by direction.

ELN lodgement

An ELN lodgement is a Form 1 Transfer of land registered under the Land Title Act. It must not be pursuant to an agreement to transfer dutiable property.

The transaction can include:

  • an exemption that can be self assessed (other than mandatory buyback under the Retirement Villages Act exemption (s. 141A))
  • a concession for
    • home
    • first home
    • first home vacant land
    • family business.

Lodging a transaction

Follow our step-by-step tutorials to lodge a transaction that is settling in the electronic conveyancing network.

Amending a transaction

Be careful when entering data in the ELNO workspace, because it’s carried over to QRO Online and forms the basis of your transfer duty assessment.

If a transaction is in draft (i.e. has not been submitted), you can amend:

  • pre-filled information in the ELNO workspace
  • other information in QRO Online.

After the transaction has been submitted, email selfassessment@treasury.qld.gov.au to request assistance. You will need to give us at least 24 hours notice and include:

  • the transaction number
  • a copy of the contract (if applicable)
  • any concession claim forms
  • any other relevant information.

If your request is urgent, it will be given priority. We cannot guarantee an immediate response in all instances.

Also consider...


Queensland Revenue Office
For transfer duty self-assessment queries:

For queries on payroll tax, land tax and royalties:

  • call 1300 300 734 (Australia) or +61 7 3179 2500 (overseas)
  • send an email using our online enquiry form.