Registering as a transfer duty self assessor
As a registered self assessor, you can stamp documents and lodge and pay transactions online using OSRconnect.
Registered transfer duty self assessors are usually solicitors and tax agents. Anyone that acts as an agent for a taxpayer may apply. In some cases, parties to transactions can also register.
To register as a transfer duty self assessor for OSRconnect, you must be one of the following:
- individual (to register as a sole trader)
- company director (to register a company)
- trustee (to register for a trust)
- partner (to register for a partnership)
- authorised delegate (to register for a government department).
What you need to do
- Use the self assessor registration checklist to make sure you have everything you need.
- Determine if you are applying as:
- an agent (e.g. a legal adviser for parties to transactions)
- a party to the transaction (e.g. a developer buying multiple parcels of land).
If you are a party to the transaction and will be doing only one transaction, you do not need to register. Read about how to lodge for transfer duty.
- Complete the application to register as a self assessor.
- Write down the Confirmation ID. You will need this to activate your registration if your application is successful.
We will send you an email requesting information that is specific to your registration. Once we have all the information we need, we will aim to make a decision within 10 business days.
Notification of registration
We will respond in writing to all applications. If you are successfully registered, we will inform you of:
- the registration date
- your client number
- the documents and transactions to which the registration relates
- the dates for lodging transactions and paying duty
- the records and documents that you must keep on file
- your stamping requirements.
- Last reviewed: 11 Dec 2019
- Last updated: 11 Dec 2019
I want to...
Office of State Revenue
For transfer duty self assessment queries:
- call 1300 132 685
- email email@example.com.
For queries on payroll tax, land tax and royalties:
- call 1300 300 734 (Australia) or +61 7 3179 2500 (overseas)
- send an email using our online enquiry form.