Variation of a trust interactive help
Varying the terms of a trust may constitute a trust acquisition or surrender and be subject to transfer duty.
You do not have to lodge the document with us for endorsement when any of the below apply:
- The trust does not hold dutiable property.
- The trust does not have an indirect interest in dutiable property.
- The variation of the terms of the trust is administrative in nature (e.g. alterations to rules, standard conditions and general clauses).
Answer the following questions to determine if a variation of trust is dutiable.
- Last reviewed: 19 Jul 2022
- Last updated: 10 Nov 2016
I want to...
Queensland Revenue Office
For transfer duty self-assessment queries:
- call 1300 132 685
- email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For queries on payroll tax, land tax and royalties:
- call 1300 300 734 (Australia) or +61 7 3179 2500 (overseas)
- send an email using our online enquiry form.