Variation of a trust interactive help
Varying the terms of a trust may constitute a trust acquisition or surrender and be subject to transfer duty.
You do not have to lodge the document with the Office of State Revenue for endorsement when any of the below apply:
- The trust does not hold dutiable property.
- The trust does not have an indirect interest in dutiable property.
- The variation of the terms of the trust is administrative in nature (e.g. alterations to rules, standard conditions and general clauses).
Answer the following questions to determine if a variation of trust is dutiable.
- Last reviewed: 11 Aug 2020
- Last updated: 10 Nov 2016
I want to...
Office of State Revenue
For transfer duty self assessment queries:
- call 1300 132 685
- email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For queries on payroll tax, land tax and royalties:
- call 1300 300 734 (Australia) or +61 7 3179 2500 (overseas)
- send an email using our online enquiry form.