Home concession eligibility tester interactive help
You may be able to claim a transfer duty concession if you are acquiring an existing home to live in or vacant land on which you intend to build your first home.
You will not be eligible for a concession if you demolish the existing home before living there as your principal place of residence.
Use the interactive help below to determine if you are eligible for a home, first home or first home vacant land transfer duty concession.
- The first home concession only applies to residential land valued under $550,000. You may still be able to claim a home concession.
- The first home vacant land concession only applies to vacant land valued under $400,000.
This eligibility tester is designed to help you determine if you are eligible for a concession —it does not replace the formal application and assessment process. You may need to repay all or part of the concession if certain conditions are not met.
For more information, read the public rulings on:
- concessions for homes and first homes - occupancy requirements (DA085.1)
- concession for homes and first homes—in specie distributions of residential land (DA085.3)
- transfer duty concession for home and first homes – residential purposes (DA087.1).
- Last reviewed: 05 Jul 2019
- Last updated: 05 Jul 2019
I want to...
Office of State Revenue
For transfer duty self assessment queries:
- call 1300 132 685
- email email@example.com.
For queries on payroll tax, land tax and royalties:
- call 1300 300 734 (Australia) or +61 7 3179 2500 (overseas)
- send an email using our online enquiry form.