Section 90L Family Law Act exemption (court orders) interactive help
Part VIIIA of the Family Law Act 1975 (Cwlth) (FLA) provides that certain matrimonial transactions may be exempt from duty. Section 90L of the FLA exempts financial agreements, termination agreements and transactions that are executed in accordance with a court order or financial agreement.
Answer the following questions to determine if a transaction made in accordance with a court order is exempt.
Note: If more than one property is being transferred under the court order (resulting in multiple transfers), each transfer must be assessed separately.
- Last reviewed: 11 Aug 2020
- Last updated: 14 Oct 2020
I want to...
Office of State Revenue
For transfer duty self assessment queries:
- call 1300 132 685
- email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For queries on payroll tax, land tax and royalties:
- call 1300 300 734 (Australia) or +61 7 3179 2500 (overseas)
- send an email using our online enquiry form.