Duty on shares

Generally, you do not have to pay duty or lodge documents for a transfer of shares in a private or public corporation.

However, duty may still apply if you acquire shares in a corporation that:

Also consider...


Queensland Revenue Office

  • Call 1300 300 734 (Australia) or
    +61 7 3179 2500 (overseas)
  • Send an email using our online enquiry form.