How to lodge a royalty return
The easiest way to lodge a return is through the Office of State Revenue's online lodgement system, OSRconnect.
OSRconnect is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and includes online help and calculators to help you complete your return.
You will first need to:
- register for OSRconnect - read the Mining and petroleum royalties OSRconnect user guide
- create an OSR Online account
- link your OSR Online account to OSRconnect.
Online lodging process
Follow these steps to lodge your quarterly or annual return or monthly instalment:
- Log in to OSRconnect.
- Go to the Lodgement Obligations tab to see your return and monthly instalment (if applicable) obligations for each of your operations.
- Select the period and operation for which you wish to lodge, and click the Create button to start the process.
- Complete the fields in each tab. Each tab includes online help - click the question mark icons to view the text.
If the return or instalment calculates a total payable amount, the transaction will be listed in the Payment Obligations tab (there can be a delay of up to 4 hours after lodging the return), including the liability amount.
Each lodged return or instalment has a unique transaction number, which is also the payment reference code for the transaction.
If the return calculates a credit amount (shown in brackets), there is no liability owing. These returns will not be listed in Payment Obligations.
If you cannot lodge a quarterly or annual return online, complete one of the following forms and lodge it by the due date:
- Read the OSRconnect guides for royalties returns.